• Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Thach Nguyen Mentorship Program

Justin Chiang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Nov 30 2023, 13:47

Hello BP Members! I got a question about the "Thach Nguyen Mentorship Program". Did anyone try it or in it? If so, do you guys recommend it?

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Replied Nov 30 2023, 14:02
Quote from @Justin Chiang:

Hello BP Members! I got a question about the "Thach Nguyen Mentorship Program". Did anyone try it or in it? If so, do you guys recommend it?

I don't know the name, but I can't keep up with everyone. ;-)
A couple of questions:
1. Is it "one on one" or "community" that you prefer to answer your questions?
2. is it generalized or directed toward a specific aspect of investing?
3. Do they offer a "money back guarantee" if you don't buy any properties?
My take on coaching is that you try to find someone doing what you want to become. If they offer a money back guarantee, they are confident about what they are doing and it gives you a chance to try them out to see if it's what you really want. Some people just want "community" Some people want to buy properties. We focus on "one on one", buying properties below price & "off market" and cash flowing them. It isn't for everybody, that why I suggest you identify what it is you want to become in investing. A good coach/mentor will help you sort that out and take you there.

User Stats

Votes
Justin Chiang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Nov 30 2023, 14:20

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the feedback and response. Yes, the program is like a community, but there are weekly calls with Thach Nguyen and other members associated with his mentorship. I'm not sure about the money-back guarantee, but Thach Nguyen has been a real estate investor for over 20 years in the Seattle, WA, market and has been featured with Ken McElroy, one of the advisors to Robert Kiyosaki. Thach focuses more on long-term rentals in appreciation and cash flow markets. Overall, I'm looking for someone who is experienced and aligns with my goals of obtaining more long-term rentals to generate cash flow. I would appreciate more one-on-one experience, but I would settle for a community of like-minded investors hence why I joined BP. I think when I posted here was just to see if anyone has taken his mentorship program and what they think of it. Not saying I'm going for it, but if someone here would have experience with it that would make my decision a lot easier.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
#3 Starting Out Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied Dec 1 2023, 06:01

@Justin Chiang

just curious, do you already own rentals?  what are your goals?

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Dec 1 2023, 07:09

You should give the free BP community a shot for a couple of months before spending a bunch of money with some random mentor you found online.

What help do you need to achieve your goals?

User Stats

Votes
John Karg
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:40

Hi Justin, 

I'm a strong believer that you shouldn't waste time or money on any of the many real estate gurus. They may help motivate you, but they aren't going to find a property or close a deal for you, which is what really matters. 

All you need to buy real estate is a property, some cash and a loan. You can get your advice and guidance free from the internet, your agent and your lender. Anything else is just a money grab! 

User Stats

Votes
Justin Chiang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:40
Quote from @Nicholas L.:

@Justin Chiang

just curious, do you already own rentals?  what are your goals?

Hey Nicholas,

Yes, I have 2 out of state long term rentals. My goals are simple I want to acquire a total of 10 out of state rentals within the next 2 years. I want my rentals to ultimately replace my W2 income. Now rentals can consist of SF or Multifamily anywhere between 4 - 20 units.

Thanks, 

User Stats

Votes
Justin Chiang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:44
Quote from @Scott E.:

You should give the free BP community a shot for a couple of months before spending a bunch of money with some random mentor you found online.

Hey Scott,

Great advice! For sure, I was just curious if anyone else here has heard of Thach Nguyen or tried his mentorship program. The BP Community has been great so far. I have already been talking to a real estate agent in Kansas City, MO. We've been looking at some potential deals coming, but nothing closed yet.

Regarding my goals, I'm just trying to find those deals to close on properties. I want to achieve 10 out-of-state rentals for cash flow to replace my W2 income.

Thanks,

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:44
Quote from @Scott E.:

if your just looking to buy long term rentals.. Not sure what paying a coach is going to do for you.. A great Broker in the market you want to buy in will more than likly get the job done.

User Stats

Votes
Justin Chiang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:45
Quote from @John Karg:

Hi Justin, 

I'm a strong believer that you shouldn't waste time or money on any of the many real estate gurus. They may help motivate you, but they aren't going to find a property or close a deal for you, which is what really matters. 

All you need to buy real estate is a property, some cash and a loan. You can get your advice and guidance free from the internet, your agent and your lender. Anything else is just a money grab! 

Hey John,

Thank you for your advice! I'm working on getting that property for sure with the BP Community!

Thanks,

User Stats

Votes
Rafael Trinidad
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • ORLANDO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • ORLANDO
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:46
Quote from @Mike Hern:
Quote from @Justin Chiang:

I don't know the name, but I can't keep up with everyone. ;-)
A couple of questions:
1. Is it "one on one" or "community" that you prefer to answer your questions?
2. is it generalized or directed toward a specific aspect of investing?
3. Do they offer a "money back guarantee" if you don't buy any properties?
My take on coaching is that you try to find someone doing what you want to become. If they offer a money back guarantee, they are confident about what they are doing and it gives you a chance to try them out to see if it's what you really want. Some people just want "community" Some people want to buy properties. We focus on "one on one", buying properties below price & "off market" and cash flowing them. It isn't for everybody, that why I suggest you identify what it is you want to become in investing. A good coach/mentor will help you sort that out and take you there.

User Stats

Votes
Justin Chiang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:51
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Scott E.:

if your just looking to buy long term rentals.. Not sure what paying a coach is going to do for you.. A great Broker in the market you want to buy in will more than likly get the job done.

Hey Jay,

Yeah, I'm glad I started this post because sometimes I need a second opinion or someone else to talk me out of it. :)

Thanks,

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas L.
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pittsburgh
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:52

@Justin Chiang

spend any money you'd spend on a coach flying to KC and spending time there in person.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Justin Chiang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:55
Quote from @Nicholas L.:

@Justin Chiang

spend any money you'd spend on a coach flying to KC and spending time there in person.

Hey @Nicholas L.,

For sure! I'm planning to visit Kansas City, MO, next year. The travel plans for this year are already set. I appreciate the advice!

Thanks,

User Stats

Votes
Rafael Trinidad
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • ORLANDO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • ORLANDO
Replied Dec 1 2023, 08:59

Please be very cautious i paid in January for a reia program in south miami $20,000 and put down $10,000 i got a 20 page booklet plastic binder and all contract memory card with 20 videos that start if you have question ask panel on our Facebook group please understand i paid for a private mentor that would be there when ever i need it help not a Facebook group i was even more disappointed when i was exited and scheduled my mentor a month in advance to review and learn and no mentor showed up i did loose $10,000 my down payment and saved $10,000 when i cancelled 30 days later be cautious 

Talk to people in person that have taken the course if you can my refund policy was inly 72 hrs after that i could not get my deposit good luck

User Stats

Votes
Justin Chiang
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 1 2023, 09:10
Quote from @Rafael Trinidad:

Please be very cautious i paid in January for a reia program in south miami $20,000 and put down $10,000 i got a 20 page booklet plastic binder and all contract memory card with 20 videos that start if you have question ask panel on our Facebook group please understand i paid for a private mentor that would be there when ever i need it help not a Facebook group i was even more disappointed when i was exited and scheduled my mentor a month in advance to review and learn and no mentor showed up i did loose $10,000 my down payment and saved $10,000 when i cancelled 30 days later be cautious 

Talk to people in person that have taken the course if you can my refund policy was inly 72 hrs after that i could not get my deposit good luck

Hey Rafael,

Yeah, that's horrible, and I'm sorry to hear that. I've been burned before with programs that promise you everything, and I've grown to learn that information is free. Good mentorship doesn't have to cost you that much money because the relationship should have been built into and not bought into. BP Community is a classic example, and I'm happy to be part of this.

Thanks,

User Stats

Votes
Paul Higbie
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Lenexa, KS
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Lenexa, KS
Replied Dec 2 2023, 12:16

Justin,

I am in the Kansas City area and would be glad to be a resource for you doing long-term investing in the area.  Let me know how I may be of assistance.

Paul Higbie

User Stats

Votes
Michael Haas
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle Investor: 80 Client HouseHacks & Counting! I Own: 🏠7 LTRs 🗻6 STRs, 🏘️3 DADU's
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Seattle Investor: 80 Client HouseHacks & Counting! I Own: 🏠7 LTRs 🗻6 STRs, 🏘️3 DADU's
Replied Dec 4 2023, 20:10

@Justin Chiang Thach is a great investor, but his strategy and experience are not in line with your goal of investing out of state. He doesn't do much long distance real estate, but focuses on teaching students how to wholesale, source local deals off market, BRRRR locally, and specifically take advantage of Seattle's ADU / DADU laws.

Thach is a good friend and I think his mentorship and the community are highly valuable, but if your goals don't match up with his experience you may not get as much value out of it. Cheers and good luck, reach out anytime with other questions!