Skip to content
Off Topic

User Stats

Votes

Someone that can help with Drawings/ Permit Violations? Broward, FL

Alberto Lorenzo
Posted Dec 10 2023, 17:20

I have a house in Margate, FL which is in Broward County and I got tagged by the city for doing kitchen cabinets and remodeling 2 bathrooms without permits now they are requesting drawings and sign off / permits for all trades included.

Anyone that someone that does drawings / permitting? Haven't had any luck finding someone responsive and reliable that can resolve this for me. They are requesting drawings made from a architect or engineer and to run the permits for the remodel.

Would really appreciate the help I currently have a stop work order and I need to finish the remodel so I can move into the house already.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Dec 10 2023, 17:33

You could try looking up a Draftsperson as well.... you don't have to be licensed to do drawings in all states.

In the future, when in doubt about need for a permit, a quick call to the City Building Dept will usually get the question answered quickly.

User Stats

Votes
Alberto Lorenzo
Replied Dec 10 2023, 17:34

I don't need to call the city what I need is to hire someone to run all permits

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
David Collier Jr
Pro Member
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Pompano Beach, FL
Replied Dec 11 2023, 06:04

Had the same issue. I used Aruba permitting services. Not cheap but they will handle its what they specialize in. 

https://www.aruba-services.com/

User Stats

Votes
Alberto Lorenzo
Replied Dec 11 2023, 06:18

thanks will certainly give them a call