Votes
Josh Frye
  • Ankeny, IA
Votes |
Fence issue - Neighbors

Josh Frye
  • Ankeny, IA
Posted Oct 5 2015, 12:28

I just purchased a brand new construction house. The neighbors on one side already have been living there and have a chain link fence. We are going to get a white pvc privacy fence because we both have 2 dogs each so we will have problems with them barking and causing problems so we opted to pay more to get the privacy fence. We approached the owner's of the house about removing their fence and we would put ours up in it's place so that we didn't have a fence right next to another fence since that will make the in between area hard to maintain and it will be an eyesore for them. We originally agreed to paying them $450. Well apparently there was a miscommunication and they are wanting us to pay them $450 and pay to have their fence removed, and they keep their fence and get to sell it and keep whatever they get from it also. This is not what I thought we agreed to. Personally I think this is a bit much. I can see paying to take their fence down but why am I paying them $450 for their fence that they are going to sell anyway?? They straight up said they don't want to do either but they have no choice so they would rather we pay them than have to look at a fence next to a fence. I think they are being unreasonable and I'm trying to get some opinions on this. I could just put up my fence and save myself some money but I'm trying to be a good neighbor and they really don't seem to want to be a good one in return.

Loading replies...