Skip to content
Off Topic

User Stats

Votes
Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE, WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Posted Nov 26 2015, 04:35

Happy Thanksgiving!

This American tradition is rather simple, it is our day to give thanks, however we chose to do that, for our blessings, our success, our families and our lucky stars if you like.

It's going to be a day of turkey and ham, dressing and our favorite meals, usually with pumpkin pie with assortments of other things that will make you fatter. It's going to be a day for football, for family and friends catching up and probably stories from old timers.

Not all of us will have a traditional feast or opportunity to enjoy these festivities. I'd like a special thank you to our members in the Armed Forces who serve and protect as well as those who serve in a civilian capacity in law enforcement and our public services who are ready to protect and assist us. Keep these special people in your thoughts today.

This is a day we the fortunate need to recognize our our bounty as well as those who are less fortunate, often we are too quick to categorize the poor, the indigent and those with few means and fail to recognize that their positions may not be all of their own making or choice. Thanksgiving is a day of charity as well.

I am very thankful for many things, my rewards, my family, friends but most of all my good health that has carried me this far. 

What are to thankful for? :)

Loading replies...