• Real Estate Investor
  • Auburn, WA
Votes |
Non-Real Estate Investing

Corey Smith
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Auburn, WA
Posted May 17 2016, 11:42

So, at the age of 35 I just recently read Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Well, I started reading it right out of college, but never got past about the first chapter or two (wish I had finished it then!).

I'm not even sure I'm exaggerating when I say it was completely life changing. Like many who read it for the first time, it had me feeling like I've been doing it all wrong. It was great in that it got me thinking that i need to start buying more true assets, and making my money work for me. Problem is, outside of vague mentions of Real Estate and other vehicles, it doesn't really delve into other investment options.

I'm putting 8% into a 401k through my 9-5 (100% up to 4%, 50% from 5-8%), and I'm an accidental landlord (thin cash flow at the moment). Outside of that our primary residence is our only "asset" we have. 

I'm currently in the beginning stages of REI, but I'm looking for some advice on how I can use some non-Real Estate investment vehicles to start building some wealth. Books, websites, whatever resources you'd recommend for someone that doesn't know much about investing.

Looking forward to any suggestions!

Loading replies...