Skip to content
Off Topic

User Stats

Votes
Mike Lynch
  • Shallotte, NC
Votes |
Crooked Realtor Listed My Home -- It is not even for sale!

Mike Lynch
  • Shallotte, NC
Posted May 23 2016, 22:03

I got a call from a Realtor about a year ago. She wanted my plumbing company to go out and install a toilet and faucet in one of her listed homes. I went to look at the plumbing so I could match up the colors ( brushed nickel, stainless, white, or chrome, whatever ) That was an hour. I went to Lowes and started looking for fixtures. Nothing really matched. I went to Home Depot and finally found a toilet and faucet that would be great, purchased them, went back to the home, took everything out of their boxes, started installing the toilet, and found that the water had almost no pressure. I called the office to ask her what she wanted me to do and spent at least 30 minutes trying to reach her again. I told her that it could take a little while to find out why there is no water pressure, since the home has been sitting and had old plumbing. She said "I can't get up with the owners, so disregard. I then asked, "So what about the over 2.5 hours of labor so far?" -- She said, "You will need to talk to the owners about that, I won't pay you anything" -- Well, the owners would not pay me either. Each one blamed the other, he said, she said. So, due to the blame game, I walked away with zero dollars, and it wouldn't do any good to try and take any action. I had to spend another additional hour taking everything back to Home Depot, then went on to the next job.

Back in early April of this year, the same lady Realtor called me again and wanted me to go out to another one of her homes. I asked "Hey, you don't remember me do you?" -- Then I said "You have already pulled that crap on me one time." "You are nothing but a low down crook, and I don't work for crooks!" "Don't you ever call my business again, and I mean never!"

Well guess what? --- I was checking for a few homes for sale tonight in my area at 10:30 pm North Carolina time. On Zillow and Hot Pads, my home came up for sale. It was listed this April, about the same time that I called the Realtor a crook and to never call me again. -- Imagine that! -- It was listed by none other that that crazy lady Realtor and her logo is at the bottom of the listing page right now, with her phone number and website. She priced it at $80,000 dollars less that what we will list it for in a few months. She had no idea where I live, where my plumbing shop is, or anything about me, since I never told her anything personal. She just gave me a cold call that day, probably out of the yellow pages or smart phone. She had to get online, maybe GIS, who knows, and research my personal information and found out that we had just bought a home in August of 2015. --- Really!!!!!!!!!!!!! ---- Now I'm mad! -- What a complete nut! --- Oh, I printed out the listing just in case it gets deleted.

So people, what to do, what to do? -- What is my next step? -- She needs to pay for this crap!

Loading replies...