Votes
Jasiel Burgos
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Best college degree?

Jasiel Burgos
  • Austin, TX
Posted Mar 5 2017, 23:01

As a student who is actively studying passive income through rental income properties and ETFs, a student who currently holds an AA degree and some extra courses following a science major, and a student who has an affinity for numbers, what do you think is the best bachelor's degree to pursue and why?

I always picture myself running my own company. I catch myself tweaking my own personal finances to make it more sound. I am rebellious enough to withdraw from my university classes until I am able to settle on what exactly do I need in order to achieve early retirement before I am 40, thereby questioning the idea that is carrying an extra $20,000 on top of already owed student loans for a BS the best investment right now? Or is clearing debt while it's still manageable and working on constantly developing more self-knowledge through several mediums( books, articles, mentors, etc) and achieve financial independence sound more fitting?

Every day recently I have gone back and forth ping-pong style on the pros and cons on acquiring a BS degree as soon as possible, even if loans will grow more than two-fold. Understand that I have been showing interest in a financial, accounting and entrepreneurship degree so far. 

So, what do you think is the best degree for me? Thanks for the input.

Loading replies...