Obama likes offshore oil drilling--just not in our country for Americans' benefit

68 Replies

Read article below

What a two faced secretive jerk. I haven't been a real fan of any of the recent Presidents, but obama makes me sicker every time I see or have his dribble come ount of his mouth. I've been out of country for a week, so maybe this has been posted earlier. It scares me to wonder how many "untransparent" deals this administration is involved in. I continue to believe the Illinois slime has moved into the back rooms of the White House as aides to obama.
Too many coincidences with this guy. Here is another one. obama appoints a new judge, Mattheson from utah. The NEXT day, obama invites Representative, Scott Mattheson to the White House to chat(one of blue dog dems, I believe. I guess just another "coincidence". I'm really tired of them and worried where he is truly taking the U.S. Rich

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203863204574346610120524166.html

Agreed...

It's terrifying when senior officials do "untransparent" deals...whether it's financing off-shore drilling or awarding defense contracts to companies the officials' have large stakes in, it's all very scary...

It's sad when the American people have to question the motivations of our administrations...for example, whether things like energy policies and wars are kicked off simply for the pursuit of personal gain by politicians.

And dirty politicians should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, whether that be impeachment or even war crimes tribunals...

Originally posted by Rich Weese:
Read article below

What a two faced secretive jerk. I haven't been a real fan of any of the recent Presidents, but obama makes me sicker every time I see or have his dribble come ount of his mouth. I've been out of country for a week, so maybe this has been posted earlier. It scares me to wonder how many "untransparent" deals this administration is involved in. I continue to believe the Illinois slime has moved into the back rooms of the White House as aides to obama.
Too many coincidences with this guy. Here is another one. obama appoints a new judge, Mattheson from utah. The NEXT day, obama invites Representative, Scott Mattheson to the White House to chat(one of blue dog dems, I believe. I guess just another "coincidence". I'm really tired of them and worried where he is truly taking the U.S. Rich


http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203863204574346610120524166.html


How many deals did the Bush Adminstration cut with Halliburton and it's subsidaries where Dick Cheney just happened to be the CEO before joining the Bush Adminstration?

At this stage of the game most polticians either Democratic or Republican are in the pockets of corporations.

The people that offshore drilling benefits are the companies doing the drilling. Oil is sold on an open international market. The major oil drilling companies are NOT hurting for money. There are plenty of international contracts out there right now and to be honest they are far more lucrative than any offshore projects off american coastal waters.

The last sentence of that article is probably a good summary:

Americans are right to wonder why Mr. Obama is underwriting in Brazil what he won't allow at home.

Carlton,
Typical change of subject . I'm not condoneing what Previous administrations did. My comment was why the 2 faced ?? As Steve said, good for Brazil, but not us?/ Makes no sense, but neither does most of the rushed through polices, that has occurred in 1 short year... Rich

Drilling SHOULD NOT be done in the ocean man!

Fish live they're. It's THERE HOME MAN!

How would you like somebody like drilling in your living room man? That's bogus!

Fishies, brazilian fishies, OR american fishies, should be LEFT ALONE! Can you dig that man?!

It's like time to call those corporate pigs out man! Like, my social studies teacher said so man! And I like heard Hollywood movie stars say so and stuff.

Chad Rush,
Huntington Beach High School

Originally posted by J Scott:
or awarding defense contracts to companies the officials' have large stakes in,

True to his colors, J Scott is unable to keep to the topic on hand and brings in previous administrations. Shoot, liberals are still complaining that Bush stole the election back in 2000. Why not complain that you didn't buy all those houses in 2000 and sell them in 2006!?!?

This is "Obama's Time" so either praise him or criticize him. This is his economy, his Foreign Policy, his AGENDA! Bozo the Clown and Hobo Kelly are in the White House now, although sorry to put Bozo and Kelly down like that, they were at least fun entertainment when I was 4 years old.

Originally posted by Mike M:

True to his colors, J Scott is unable to keep to the topic on hand and brings in previous administrations.

I just re-read my post, and I never once mentioned any previous administration...

Though you just did...sounds like you should be lecturing yourself...

Originally posted by J Scott:
Originally posted by Mike M:

True to his colors, J Scott is unable to keep to the topic on hand and brings in previous administrations.


I just re-read my post, and I never once mentioned any previous administration...

Though you just did...sounds like you should be lecturing yourself...


:roll: So says people in sunglasses and fleece shirts from Atlanta who can't own their comments. Not necessarily referring to you J Scott. I never said your name anywhere in there.

Here's a real bugger on this.

For half as much money we could build a rare earth metal processing plant to process the rare earth lodes in Idaho and Montana. That would be the technology that makes alternative energy sources.

But no - we send it to China for processing.

Makes a lot of sense right? Develop other countries petroleum resources at the expense of our future alternative energy resources....

Hey Rich and Tim
Do you guys understand J Scott at all? I state that some Libs are still complaining about the 2000 election and he says that I mention a "previous administration." It boggles the mind.

Oh well, I need to go check how my Halliburton stocks are doing.

Halliburton profits off of the merder of Iraqi and Afgan women and children man! This is not a samplification dude. My poli-sci prof said so dude!

Hey, would you buy a watermelon from Dan Rather or what?

Chad

P.S. I wish Glenn Beck would freakin get cancer and die or something!

Originally posted by Mike M:

Do you guys understand J Scott at all? I state that some Libs are still complaining about the 2000 election and he says that I mention a "previous administration." It boggles the mind.

Let me quote what you said:

"J Scott is unable to keep to the topic on hand and brings in previous administrations."

So, yes, unless someone hijacked your account and wrote that comment, you very clearly mentioned "PREVIOUS ADMINISTRATIONS"...

Who says we don't need to revamp public education?

Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
So says people in sunglasses and fleece shirts from Atlanta who can't own their comments. Not necessarily referring to you J Scott. I never said your name anywhere in there.


I'm sitting here wearing a t-shirt and no glasses, so clearly you're not referring to me...

Though you're welcome to refer to me anytime you like...unlike some, I won't get defensive about it...

My thread- I ask that everyone stick to topic and not get personal. I'm trying to do the same...Rich

Drill, baby, drill! Off of California, Oregon and Washington. Off of the Texas/Louisiana Coast.

I am so tired of politicians playing up to the environmentalists. Revolution in 2010, at the ballot box!!

Curious what you guys think about the theory of letting the market use up the rest of the world's petroleum resources until only the US reserves are left. One seller and the world as buyers. It's an interesting thought....for those in a petroleum legacy.

Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
Curious what you guys think about the theory of letting the market use up the rest of the world's petroleum resources until only the US reserves are left. One seller and the world as buyers. It's an interesting thought....for those in a petroleum legacy.


Only problem I see with that strategy is that if any other country takes a tactic out of the U.S. playbook and decides to invade us for our oil...of course, there are only a handful of countries that could possibly be a major threat to us on our soil, but there are enough nukes out there in the hands of countries that would be desperate for oil that the possibility is scary...

Originally posted by J Scott:
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:
Curious what you guys think about the theory of letting the market use up the rest of the world's petroleum resources until only the US reserves are left. One seller and the world as buyers. It's an interesting thought....for those in a petroleum legacy.


Only problem I see with that strategy is that if any other country takes a tactic out of the U.S. playbook and decides to invade us for our oil...of course, there are only a handful of countries that could possibly be a major threat to us on our soil, but there are enough nukes out there in the hands of countries that would be desperate for oil that the possibility is scary...


"U.S. playbook" :roll: :roll: :roll: God helps us all if they ever apply the Ebay/Paypal algorithm to World Politics...

You can't nuke oil. That's like burning down a jewelry store to steal the melting gold.

Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

"U.S. playbook" :roll: :roll: :roll: God helps us all if they ever apply the Ebay/Paypal algorithm to World Politics...


eBay/PayPal? Trust me, those may be the only two companies in this country managed worse than the government...

Just picked up the latest issue of Fortune Magazine and he had an article about the 50 most respected Corporations in the World. It was a survey of 4,100 Executives, Business Writers, etc...

Interesting to see Ebay on the list, along with Wal Mart, Apple, Toyota, Proctor and Gamble, and FedEx.

Originally posted by Mike M:
Just picked up the latest issue of Fortune Magazine and he had an article about the 50 most respected Corporations in the World. It was a survey of 4,100 Executives, Business Writers, etc...

I was asked to take that survey a few years ago...

So, unless you respect the opinion of people like me, you probably don't want to put too much stock in it... :D

I was also asked to take [art. Diverse views like J Scott and mine probably cancel out!! Rich headed to St. Louis

Originally posted by J Scott:
Originally posted by Tim Wieneke:

"U.S. playbook" :roll: :roll: :roll: God helps us all if they ever apply the Ebay/Paypal algorithm to World Politics...


eBay/PayPal? Trust me, those may be the only two companies in this country managed worse than the government...


Holy crap we agree on something. Someone buy a lottery ticket FAST!