Votes
Paige Roberts
  • Cole Camp, MO
Votes |
Help! Evicting tenant for unlivable conditions

Paige Roberts
  • Cole Camp, MO
Posted Aug 16 2018, 21:08

I really need some advice here. I have tenants that do not have a current lease. I am trying to sell my property. I had a cash buyer this week. I had signed contact.and everything. Then it all went down the drain when interested buyer looked at one of the rentals. I had not been in it in years but been having major problems with them destroying outside property and rent for a year hence why I did not renew lease. The buyer backed out soley on the horrendous condition of the rental. They tore out all carpet, all cabinets are destroyed, the bathroom is sagging due to them letting toliet clog and over flow. The bathroom covered in mold. The bedroom is covered in clothes that are soaked in dog feces and urine. The whole house is taken over by coach roaches and mice. I've never seen such an infestation. The wall literally move with roaches and i wish I was exaggerating. The majority of the walls are punched out, dogs chewed through them and the mice. Every inch of it is covered in roach and mice feces. When you walk in the door you are unable to breathe do to the ammonia of urine and stinch. My realtor and buyer were unable to stay in it more then 5 minutes. It burned their eyes. They have 8 little dogs that I did not allow. They've destroyed the fridge and stove. Basically every single inch of the place is in horrinle condition. It's not even livable. They are working on destroying the outside of my.property too. So my question is, how can I get rid of them? I told them they need to leave after they made me loose 220,000. I doubt they will unless forced though. Isn't this a health violation? I wish i could post pictures. I've never seen anything like this in my life. How can anyone live this way? It's incredible. Can i call the health department? If I do not get rid of them I'll never be able to sell the property. Please help.

Loading replies...