• Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Sandy Hook

Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Posted Dec 24 2012, 06:36

I'm a gun owner and I own "that" rifle and "those" magazines, but the Sandy Hook incident has changed my mind. It's not just guns, but guns are part of the picture and such needs to be addressed. I had teachers that had trouble with typewritters and memeograph (if you know what that is) machines and can't imagine them with a gun. Lampierre is on the fringe and a mouth piece for gun manufactures, IMO. I agree that if you can't hit a target in 10 shots you need to go to the range!

I do support the hunting, sport and personal protection issues of gun onwership, but the crazies who believe they need a gun to keep the government in line are simply nuts and living on another planet of paranoia. Like they are going to use any rifle against a Cobra with heat detection and firing a missle at you from 10 miles away, how insane!

What do you think will come of all this? I'll say the assualt weapons stay on the streets but the magazines will be limited to 10 rounds, whcih I support, no one needs 30 or 100 rounds for an AR-15. Consider that it takes about 2 seconds to drop a magazine and lock and load from the next one, but to do so you need to be very proficient, most mass shooters are not.

I'm also for closing the gun show loop hole, everyone needs to be checked out before buying a gun, all guns should be registered and tracked. If your gun ends up in a fellony, you need to go to jail, that's the only motivation I see to make gun owners more responsible, lock them up and that means from family members, let each qualify to get thier own! I realize an exception would need to be made in the event you locked up your guns but they were stolden, so long as they were well secured.

Mine have been locked, but now I'll carry the key on my key chain instead of leaving it in my dresser drawer. If it isn't with me, it's locked up.

Maybe vedio games should be treated like alcohol, 21 and if you give it to an under age minor, go to jail! Not all, but they'd just have to be rated.

Having congress cut off funding for mental health treatment issues can't be considered, having nuts means identifying them and treating them, at least keep tabs on them as we can't just lock them up.

Now, to get the popcorn!

Loading replies...