Skip to content
Off Topic

User Stats

Votes
Andy Bauman
Pro Member
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Documentation system (receipts, documents)

Andy Bauman
Pro Member
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Sep 13 2020, 22:35

I've been running a wholesaling business on the side for about a year now and have been very busy buying and selling.  That's the good news, the bad news that this is starting to expose my need for improved processes.  I'm trying to pick the collective brain of those of you that have experience and may have already put together a system for tracking these things.  I have some paper copies of documents, some electronic, I have some paper receipts, some electronic.

I'm trying to come up with a system to organize property documents and receipts.  Ideally the lowest price solution or free, would be ideal.

So right now I'm thinking that I need to buy a scanner, so I can scan all of my paper documents and receipts.  I already have folders for each property in Google Drive, but I'm duplicating my receipts so that they are in my receipts folders for tax time as well as the property folder.  I was really hoping for a streamlined system solution.  I'm also exploring options for attaching documents directly in Quickbooks Desktop Pro, but it is a pretty manual process and then I have the receipt in 3 places (receipt folder on Google drive, attached to Quickbooks transaction, and in the property folder).  This is all pretty tedious, there HAS to be a better way!

Thanks to any and all!

Loading replies...