Pro Member
  • Investor | Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Kentucky Real Estate Agent Question....before I upset someone

Melissa G.
Pro Member
  • Investor | Real Estate Agent
Posted Jan 13 2020, 15:41

Before I cause an issue, I figured I'd ask how it was done in Kentucky..... 

To make the story as short as possible: 

Making a future trip to an area in Kentucky that is on the short list for potential future investment properties. I saw a house I wanted to check out. I left message for listing agent (Agent A)  with a secretary. Later that night I received calls and an email from another agent (Agent B) saying she worked with Agent A and could help me. I received the message and email late and did not respond back. 

Early the next morning, I received another call and email from Agent B. I emailed Agent B back making sure I mentioned that I originally contacted Agent A because I wanted to see her specific listing and was also hoping she could show me other properties that meet my criteria. I gave Agent B details figuring she'd pass them along to Agent A. 

Two days later I received an email from Agent A returning my original call and asking how she can help me. I called Agent A back and left a message. Later that day I received an email from Agent B asking if we could talk on the phone. Agent B also said she wanted to set me up with searches and such (MLS) so I can get automatic updates on properties that meet my criteria. I have not responded back to Agent B.

I hope this story made sense....do you see my issue? Is Agent B poaching? Is it first come first serve in Kentucky? Like Agent B picked my phone number off the desk, and therefore she can contact me? Where I live...Agent B would be doing something pretty shady right now.  I don't know if I should mention this to Agent A, say something to Agent B, talk to both of them or ignore both of them until they sort it out. The last thing I want to do is cause an issue from hundreds of miles away. But mostly, I am confused because I have been put in a situation when I have to keep retelling my story and details to both agents... therefore taking double the time necessary, and I still can't figure out who I am working with. 

Loading replies...