Ashley Harris
  • Durham, ME
Votes |
Does a ROW in Maine hinder resale?

Ashley Harris
  • Durham, ME
Posted Sep 8 2018, 05:04

Hey everyone!

I'm currently looking at a potential flip property a few minutes from my house. It is a foreclosure and the property and house itself have some appeal. It'd be great for individuals downsizing, new homeowners, or those just starting a family. The downside is that the property is landlocked...there's a right of way driveway that is shared with another lot for access. Does anyone have any experience with a ROW and have you found it to hinder a sale? There's a similar property that just went under contract and there's potential to make a good hunk of change with the one I'm looking at, but didn't know if anyone had experience with a ROW preventing a sale or  being able to get a good market value for it.

Also the adjacent lot the ROW is shared with does not appear to be inhabited. It does have some junky cars, some sort of building, and a camper sitting on the lot. You can see it briefly as you approach the house and ever so slightly along the property line if you walk along it and look through the trees. In your experience, has this ever hindered a sale? The location overall is perfect for those commuting. Like I said the house and the land have the potential. I'm just worried about resale. If I was buying, I'd probably pass, but this isn't a high end flip. I'd love to know the opinion of those who've done fix and flips in Maine and dealt with Maine buyers.

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...