• New to Real Estate
  • Maryland
Votes |
New Investor - Area Just South of Baltimore

Matt Duffner
  • New to Real Estate
  • Maryland
Posted Nov 15 2020, 17:19

New potential investor here and I've been strongly considering adding real estate to my investment portfolio. My strategy would be buy and long-term hold, targeting cash flow as my top priority right now. My preference would be turnkey or almost turnkey properties. I'm looking for insight into the Brooklyn Park, Halethorpe, Arbutus areas. These areas interest me since there seem to be solid inventory of $75K - $125K rowhomes with that would meet cashflow criteria assuming I put 20% down with a traditional loan. I grew up in Anne Arundel county and am somewhat familiar with Brooklyn Park, which I remember as a blue collar type of town. 

Has anyone had any success around here or have any insight? Since the numbers on the surface seem pretty good, I guess my main concerns right now would be if I could really get the $1,200 to $1,600 rent that the Redfins, Trulias, and Zillows detail, the quality/quantity of the rental pool, and if there's any highly recommended PMs in the area. 

If I determine that REI is for me I'm thinking I could buy one or two of these caliber of homes a year to build up a portfolio and maybe be less dependent on my day job in 10 or so years. Appreciate any and all insight.

Loading replies...