Skip to content
Maryland Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum
Account Closed
  • Brooklyn, MD
Votes |
Can anyone talk to me about Anne Arundel County (near Baltimore)?

Account Closed
  • Brooklyn, MD
Posted Jun 25 2017, 17:25

Hey guys. I am a total newbie here. My wife and I own our single family home in Brooklyn Park, MD - Olde Brooklyn Park, so a nice part of town in a good housing development. We got jobs in Texas so we're leaving and we're trying to decide if we should hold onto this property and rent it out, or if we should sell it. I was looking for a good realtor and a good property manager in the area so I could hash it out with both of them and figure out the best course of action. Also, I'd love some advice generally. Please reach out if you would be willing to help or if you know somebody I should talk to!

For specifics: We owe about 295 on a 4 bed, 2.5 bath, 1800 sq ft house on a big corner lot. Brooklyn Park is in AA county so decent schools and relatively low taxes, but unfortunately we're probably in the least reputable part of AA county. I think we might be able to fetch 300 or 315 for the house, just based off of some online tools - which, obviously, might barely cover our closing costs. Also, it looks like rentometer and Zillow are saying we might fetch anywhere from 1900-2300 in rent, which isn't ideal either... What should we do? 

Loading replies...