• New to Real Estate
  • Dedham, MA
Votes |
Hanging of the License

Eric Stafford
  • New to Real Estate
  • Dedham, MA
Posted Jul 16 2017, 22:04

So I got my license which I have never used but fear now I've missed out on a lot!  Some friends urged me to get my license a few years ago because they were going to be buying some properties. I did but then life changes things. I had two kids. They had marriages and kids and now everyone seems remembering what they wanted to do years past.  I have a full time job and will not be leaving it as the wife is a stay at home mom and I need the steady income and benefits.

Not being affiliated with a broker has "cost" me twice already with friends buying 600k and 3.5m properties in the past 6 months.  My closest friend is in commercial development for a family business and my other friends have purchased multi families in MA and RI.

Most, if not all, deals will be commercial but possibly a few multi family.  I wont need leads or marketing.  I just need a broker for those times one of my friends will be looking to make a deal. So I am not really looking at paying monthly fees while I wait. Is there any recommendations in the Boston South area I can look into? 

I've seen names like: 

eXp Realty - $50/month and $55/per transaction with 80/20 split. I could use them as same broker in RI and MA I assume with paperwork.

Exit Realty - Per transaction fee and 70/30.

Advise Realy - No split but I think $695/transaction fee.

I know there are others but can anyone recommend one in my situation or have experience with any I listed? 

Thanks!

Eric

Loading replies...