Tim Williams
  • Fenton, MI
Votes |
Newbie looking to get into buy & hold investing

Tim Williams
  • Fenton, MI
Posted Aug 19 2016, 14:55

Hey PB nation,

Looking for some advice.  I don't own any properties (besides a primary residence) and am looking to get into buy & hold.  I have a non-real estate investment that comes back to me later this year and a decent day job that pays the bills plus extra to build up for buy & hold.  I've read books, listened to many of the PB podcasts as well as some others and just started on the forums. I feel that I have a decent grasp on the numbers & lingo but no clue on markets. For example, do I buy local in Michigan where I can touch & feel or one of the hotter markets like Indy, Memphis, etc. and rely heavily on a solid property management co?  I don't have a ton of extra time with 12 hr work days & young children so I either need to go turnkey with management or partner up with someone looking to be on the property management side.   I get home around 6 do the family thing until 9 then read & learn until lights out & start all over again the next day.  Where do I go next?  Thanks for reading!  Best wishes to all.  

Loading replies...