Votes
Andrew Halbert
  • Macomb, MI
Votes |
Castle property management customers

Andrew Halbert
  • Macomb, MI
Posted Jan 22 2018, 10:02

Very simply I have a question and a concern regarding Castle. I don't know how else to get any kind of response. Castle is not responding to my calls, my emails, twitter messages etc..

1. Have you received payment for January's rent? On one of my units, my tenant paid castle on January 1st and I am yet to receive my deposit.  Castle seems to have gone MIA since announcing they are closing

2.  In October I paid castle to register my property with the city of Warren.  They(castle) deposited my check and yesterday I received a citation from the city of Warren notifying me that my property is out of compliance. Castle apparently never filed my paperwork with the city, yet they took my money to do so. 

At this point, I am concerned that I will not get January's rent nor the security deposit that my tenant gave castle upon move-in.  I have already instructed my tenants to not send castle another dime. Alternate rent collection is in place.  

What are my options at this point? Are these guys really going to hold out on people's money?  Not only am potentially out 1800 dollars for january's rent and security deposit, but now I have to go to court and more than likely pay some kind of fine.  Thankfully I have all emails saved and documented regarding the arrangement for Castle to register the property as a rental.  I feel kind of helpless right now.

Loading replies...