• Investor
  • Crystal, MN
Votes |
Month to Month lease 1 Tenant Activist 0

David Moore
  • Investor
  • Crystal, MN
Posted Oct 25 2018, 07:21

I hope none of you have experienced this, but in my four plex, I had a tenant give notice who was trying to dictate terms to us.  Constantly difficult and really exhausting....the kind of tenant that can wear you out.   We replaced her with a great incoming tenant, and I thought all is well.  Turns out another tenant in the building has suddenly started with the same type of behavior, trying to push lease terms, and trying to dictate when we can send our service guys in, always on their terms, never meeting half way.  I'm wondering if recent court cases in Minneapolis against landlords has fostered tenants thinking they can push us too hard.  After a week of grief, and expenses, I looked over my lease, and cited where my tenant had fallen short of it.  I set a meeting for Saturday, sent a letter citing her violations, and a second letter to make my point clear.  The notice to vacate letter.  The lease is month to month.  So I'm giving her notice.   If she comes around and sees the light, we may be willing to vacate the 'vacate' letter.  I don't like vacancies in the winter, but I really don't like this tenant activism.  Wondering if anyone else has noticed this.  

Loading replies...