• St. Paul, MN
Votes |
New to House Hacking and Real Estate -- Looking at BRRR long term

Mahad Omar
  • New to Real Estate
  • St. Paul, MN
Posted May 27 2020, 12:19

Hello everyone!

I've been a listener of the BiggerPockets podcast for about a year and have been reading up on several online articles and started collecting book recommendations to better prepare me for this journey.

I've decided to start off this journey by House Hacking, and have been considering multi-families/duplexes/triplexes in Minnesota for this project. Eventually, I intend to build a system to automate analyzing properties and begin a BRRR process with each property that shows the right numbers (when I could afford them).

I'm currently saving up enough capital and emergency/vacancy funds before entering a House Hacking project. I'm also actively trying to improve my analytical skills when looking at properties so I could get a feel for the market here in MN.

I would like to ask the community to throw any information they may have that could help me out! Any link to a similar post as this, their own tips and tricks that have made them successful, useful links/bibles to all kinds of preparatory steps and strategies, knowledge of the MN market and baseline knowledge I should consider, wisdom on House Hacking overall and even book recommendations. I'm open to anything and am willing to connect! I'm appreciative of all that I've read so far, and I am looking forward to what you have to say! Feel free to DM/Email me if you would like!

Loading replies...