Skip to content
Montana Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Jolu Talampas
Pro Member
  • Minot, ND
Votes |
Moving to Great Falls, MT - reaching out to BP members there :)

Jolu Talampas
Pro Member
  • Minot, ND
Posted Oct 24 2017, 16:04

Hello fellow members, new investor here from Minot, ND. Got military orders to move to Great Falls MT on Feb 2018 and I've heard about some BP members active over in that area. I'm reaching out to network, get connected, and hopefully be a part of that REI community. :)

I am primarily focused on buying and holding, multifamily/commercial multifamily as my real estate investment of choice. I still have not gotten my feet wet into actually acquiring my first property; Been analyzing buy and hold deals in Minot and I may be doing it wrong (being new), but couldn't find anything viable. Seems like rents are too low for the prices of properties in the area. So for the remaining time I have here in Minot, I'm switching strategies and I will at least try to do a wholesale deal since I feel that that may be what could work. If I fail, at the very least I can feel good that I've taken a step forward and I've learned a lot of lessons from the experience.

This move to Great Falls is my opportunity to finally get my start in the buy and hold business and I'm also currently house hunting a residential multifamily that I will house hack.

I'm pretty excited and looking forward to meeting you :)