• Investor
  • Monterey, CA
Votes |
Being gouged in Gardiner, MT?

Gayle Eisner
  • Investor
  • Monterey, CA
Posted Apr 20 2018, 14:41

I am seriously thinking about buying a property SFR, in Gardiner MT. Over the last year, the prices have absolute skyrocketed! I am not sure why?? Last year I was looking at a house for $180 and now the lowest downtown is $340 for a 2 br that could possibly become a 3 br. I think because I am from out of state I may be taken advantage of. The bank told me $1200 for an appraisal! What is the standard commission for a RE agent? I was told they do 50/50 split (like CA) but then I was told usually seller pays all commission? Im looking for an honest RE agent.... Gardiner has not many building restrictions, so it is risky. I find it a charming town & I believe I would like to rent it out long term for a year or so, then move in when I retire.

Thoughts?  I am getting a loan from a Bank in Livingston but interest rates have gone up as well.  Any precautions, advice about buying out of state?  I am putting an offer in and then going to MT to see the property, if I get it.  There is a feeding frenzy, for whatever reason, here and in Bozeman.  Can someone help me clarify whats going on in this area and why everything is so crazy in the RE market?  I don't want to be taken advantage of....but it is beautiful....

Thanks kindly to all!  Gayle

Loading replies...