New Jersey Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
John M Chludzinski
Votes |
Is the NJ forum dying out?

John M Chludzinski
Posted Jun 16 2022, 12:49

Is it just me, or does it seem like the NJ discussion is drying up? It used to be so much more active, and the past 6 months have had very few posts.  

• Broker

• 732-784-6500

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Nov 12 2022, 07:06
Quote from @John M Chludzinski:

Is it just me, or does it seem like the NJ discussion is drying up? It used to be so much more active, and the past 6 months have had very few posts.  

I would think so , as there are much better areas with lower price points providing double digit net caps, 

User Stats

Votes
Cody Zucker
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Belmar, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Belmar, NJ
Replied Nov 14 2022, 04:05
Quote from @Vaughn Smith:

@John M Chludzinski Im not on the site as often as I used to be, but it does seem like there are less discussions and a lot more one off type questions. I'll go off on a rant here a bit, but I noticed a couple of years ago that the forums became new agent and lender heavy, a lot of people soliciting for business but not a lot of value in the comments. It seems like you may be right things are slowing down greatly. Lastly I think a lot of first and second time investors are priced out of properties now or they can't seem to find anything to buy or they can but non paying tenants and slow evictions are killing transactions left and right, also @Mark F. hit the nail on the head the new layout of the site makes finding the forum pretty difficult

New look makes it impossible to find so probably not a lot of fresh eyes on the local forum...

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Judy Parker
  • Closter, NJ
Votes |
  • Closter, NJ
Replied Nov 28 2022, 19:46

I live in Bergen County and stopped investing in NJ about 4 years ago.  Between the skyrocketing property taxes, high real estate prices, tenant-friendly Liberal courts with evictions taking 6 months or more, rent control, and now Gov. Murphy's new Lead Paint laws for ALL residential rentals  I refuse to invest another penny in NJ real estate. I get more value for my money in upstate New York, and no rent control.

User Stats

Votes
Frank Martielli
  • Middlesex, NJ
Votes |
  • Middlesex, NJ
Replied Dec 3 2022, 20:32

Is it just me or have all the older posts on this forum "disappeared?"

I only see one page total of postings, and at one point there were pages upon pages. For me, one of the most valuable parts of BP was the forums, particularly this one. I was just about to join BP pro when all the "changes" took place,

which made me instantly change my mind. I wish the old forum and format were back.

What in the world happened?  

I also echo the sentiments of others in this post. This forum is impossible to find. The only reason I can find it is before the changes I favorited it.

How the mighty have fallen.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 3 2022, 21:32
Quote from @Bob Stevens:

I would think so , as there are much better areas with lower price points providing double digit net caps, 

I'm currently invested in South Jersey, the return is great. However I'd love to hear what markets you're referring to.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Dec 4 2022, 05:35
Quote from @Sol Romand:
Quote from @Bob Stevens:

I'm currently invested in South Jersey, the return is great. However I'd love to hear what markets you're referring to.

What is great? 10- 20 % net caps based on cash purchase ? 

User Stats

Votes
Jon Jaffe
  • Investor
  • Annandale, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Annandale, NJ
Replied Dec 5 2022, 12:49

I have had (past tense) rentals in NJ since 2009.   I sold my last one this year after Gov Murphy stopped making me house deadbeats for free.  Many professional tenants out there, and getting them out can take months.  Done.