New Jersey Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Chen
Votes |
Where to find reputable wholesaler, please advise

Lisa Chen
Posted Sep 21 2022, 09:30

Hello, everyone, through a connection I know two houses about to be foreclosed or has been foreclosed. I wonder if anyone knows a trustful wholesaler, who can work  acquire/flip the house before the bank put into public auction. 

please advise. thank you

User Stats

Votes
Lindsay Op de Coul
  • Chicago suburbs
Votes |
  • Chicago suburbs
Replied Sep 21 2022, 12:11

@Maria Amedrano 

User Stats

Votes
Maria Amedrano
  • Realtor
Votes |
  • Realtor
Replied Sep 21 2022, 12:35

hi @Lisa Chen! I know a great wholesaler. Is that the route you’d like to take in regards to the two properties?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#3 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Sep 21 2022, 12:40
Quote from @Lisa Chen:

Hello, everyone, through a connection I know two houses about to be foreclosed or has been foreclosed. I wonder if anyone knows a trustful wholesaler, who can work  acquire/flip the house before the bank put into public auction. 

please advise. thank you

you do it , why would you want someone else. Also depending on the state if could be years and years before its actually sold off. YOU do the work, contact the owner and bank etc, 

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Chen
Votes |
Replied Sep 21 2022, 12:59
Hi, Bob:

thanks for the message, I tried to contact the owner, one of the owners has unrealistic number in the head. I was then told by a friend that the only way is to find a local wholesaler, if I want to get the property through foreclosure bank. is that true?

you do it , why would you want someone else. Also depending on the state if could be years and years before its actually sold off. YOU do the work, contact the owner and bank etc, 

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Chen
Votes |
Replied Sep 21 2022, 13:00
Hi, @Maria Amedrano

that's the only route I was told that it could work. I don't know too much about else, but if you do please feel free or message me. 
thanks

Quote from @Maria Amedrano

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Sep 21 2022, 13:12
Quote from @Lisa Chen:
Hi, Bob:

thanks for the message, I tried to contact the owner, one of the owners has unrealistic number in the head. I was then told by a friend that the only way is to find a local wholesaler, if I want to get the property through foreclosure bank. is that true?

No you can do it all, wholesalers are just guys flipping contracts. Its not as though they are licensed and they are the only ones that can buy this property. All owners have unrealistic numbers . Personally I would just move on, there are deals everywhere, . You must be cash to get a good deal. I assume you want it as a rental? If so just connect with someone doing deals . 10%++  net cap are to be had  

User Stats

Votes
Mark F.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bergen County, NJ
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bergen County, NJ
Replied Sep 22 2022, 04:37
Quote from @Lisa Chen:

please advise. thank you

Most NJ wholesalers suck honestly. These guys are the only ones I'd recommend.

http://www.freedomhomebuyernj.com/

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Lockstein
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Langhorne, PA
Votes |
  • Langhorne, PA
Replied Sep 23 2022, 06:31

I'm confused on what you are trying to accomplish here?  You want to refer two leads to a wholesaler and then get a cut of the assignment fee?  Or you want the wholesaler to contact the seller for you, get the property under agreement, and assign it back to you for you to buy?

User Stats

Votes
Lisa Chen
Votes |
Replied Sep 23 2022, 09:31
@Ryan Lockstein you are right, both could be my intentions. maybe the second one is a bit more attractive if that's doable. what you think?

I'm confused on what you are trying to accomplish here?  You want to refer two leads to a wholesaler and then get a cut of the assignment fee?  Or you want the wholesaler to contact the seller for you, get the property under agreement, and assign it back to you for you to buy?

User Stats

Votes
Mike Ostran
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Sep 24 2022, 08:00
Quote from @Lisa Chen:
@Ryan Lockstein you are right, both could be my intentions. maybe the second one is a bit more attractive if that's doable. what you think?

skip tracing isn't expensive, hire someone from Facebook for $5 to skip trace the 2 properties then go to the town hall when open and ask the nice lady at the records office for everything she has. 

run comps, estimate rehab costs and explain to the owner how going with you not only helps their credit score but makes them money

bringing a wholesaler in will only make it a worse deal for yourself 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Lockstein
  • Langhorne, PA
Votes |
  • Langhorne, PA
Replied Sep 24 2022, 08:38
Quote from @Lisa Chen:

If your intention is to buy it there is no reason to pay a wholesaler to contact the sellers.  Just go stick a note on their door or skip trace their phone number.  Will save you big $$ not having to pay an assignment fee for leads you already found yourself. 

User Stats

Votes
Vaughn Smith
  • Investor
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Investor
  • New Jersey
Replied Nov 12 2022, 14:42

@Lisa Chen You can negotiate this yourself. Most NJ wholesalers aren't very good because NJ like NY is EXTREMELY hard to wholesale in for a variety of reasons(especially northern NJ). A wholesaler may botch the transaction because most don't know how to get around the "NO ASSIGNMENT CLAUSE" that exists REO sales (this is a part of the standard NJ Real estate contract as well but its easier to get around it there) also banks tend to be pretty firm on price and terms. I'd say give it a chance on your own if you haven't already. send me a DM I'll try to help you as best I can

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 12 2022, 18:44

Why don’t you work it? 

User Stats

Votes
Rich Carey
  • Investor
  • Montgomery, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Montgomery, AL
Replied Dec 2 2022, 12:41

There are tricky rules about whether or not and how a wholesaler can compensate you for bringing them deals.  Talk to a couple larger wholesalers in your area about it.  find them through local real estate investing groups and online searches.

User Stats

Votes
Ibrahim Hughes
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Bloomfield, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Bloomfield, NJ
Replied Dec 4 2022, 06:51

Yes this should be something you can do on your own providing 1) this really is a mortgage foreclosure and not a tax foreclosure (tax foreclosures in NJ require a specialized skill and experienced team - wholesaler AND attorneys - who can deal with the extra requirements and unique timeline involved) and 2) you understand and pay attention to the timelines in the mortgage Foreclosure.

Filing for the two week adjournments allowed here in a mortgage foreclosure is pretty easy. BUT what happens when you run out of those? You will still need an attorney experienced in getting more time from the courts.

We have 22 years of experience wholesaling and buying both mortgage and tax foreclosures so if you want to discuss a partnership of some kind feel free to inbox me.