• Rental Property Investor
  • Garfield, NJ
Votes |
Good Hardworking Honest - North Jersey Boiler Installer

Sunny Burns
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Garfield, NJ
Posted Jan 20 2017, 07:48

I wanted to write this review because of the great work Jose did in installing our boiler at a fast(one day) reasonable rate($2600 for boiler, delivery, install, and haul away).

Our 30 year old Utica steam boiler finally went last week, and I was searching Angie's list and craigslist for someone to replace it.

I stumbled on Jose, who was offering a 5 year old Clean Burnham 175kBTU gas fired Steam Boiler for $1250. With $1400 for the install.

Why I appreciated Jose:

• Cleaned and broomed after himself
  • Was very knowledgable
  • Plumber by trade
  • Installs ~3 boilers a week in the winter
  • Has a few clean used boilers to choose from, but also offers to install new ones
  • Reasonable $1400 price, for his labor and assistant.
  • Replaced a section of corroding pipe free of charge and without my asking
  • Provided me with 4 references, 3 of which I called and had glowing reviews
  • Did all the work in one 14-hour day. Arrived promptly at 7:30am, was all done by 9pm that same night.
  • Works out of Clifton

I do not benefit from writing this review; I actually probably will lose, since he'll become more popular and it'll be harder to use him in the future. But I want to reward good hard honest work and provide this great resource I found in Jose for others to use as well. [I don't want to post him phone number without permission so I will post it when I do get permission, but you can PM me for now]

Our old boiler:

This was the listing he had:

Loading replies...