Votes
Tom Rockwell
  • Hamburg, NJ
Votes |
Anyone from Sussex County?

Tom Rockwell
  • Hamburg, NJ
Posted Jul 11 2017, 08:54

I'm a new investor getting ready to actually start doing things and I was wondering if anyone else on here was from Sussex County?  You know, the REAL Northern NJ?  An hour north of what most people consider to be Northern New Jersey.  :)

I'm looking into doing some wholesaling and some simple flips and later getting into bigger flips and buying rental units. There doesn't appear to be an REI group up here that I could find. If anyone's interested in starting one I'd be happy to help organize it. I don't know any other investors in the area and want to start networking.

User Stats

Votes
Rob Suhai
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Oak Ridge, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Oak Ridge, NJ
Replied Jul 11 2017, 11:57

Hey @Tom Rockwell welcome to BP! I'm up in the northern nj as well! I agree that REI should be formed. I'd be down to attend! I also have my RE license as well. If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out!

User Stats

Votes
Jessica Zolotorofe
  • Attorney
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • New Jersey
Replied Jul 11 2017, 12:27

Hi Tom! I am not from the "REAL" Northern NJ :) BUT, I did just finish a project right by you (Hamburg/Hardyston area), so I'm familiar with the area if I can answer any questions.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Johnathan Boyle
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Belleville, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Belleville, NJ
Replied Jul 11 2017, 12:36

Tom Rockwell sorry that's New York haha I'm kidding. But I'm not too familiar with the area but I do know people are investing and fix and flipping there.

User Stats

Votes
Felix Shraga
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
  • Brooklyn, NY
Replied Dec 18 2019, 09:00

@Tom Rockwell

Just came across this post. Are you still active in sussex nj? I am looking to sell 1 property up there.

User Stats

Votes
Tom Rockwell
  • Hamburg, NJ
Votes |
  • Hamburg, NJ
Replied Dec 18 2019, 11:40

I'm still in the area, but I never did do anything RE wise.  Still thinking about it, but I'm mostly focussed on other things at the moment.

User Stats

Votes
Dan Oakley
  • Hamburg, NJ
Votes |
  • Hamburg, NJ
Replied Dec 19 2019, 20:04

@Felix Shraga

I am in Sussex county and looking to get started in rental properties. What are you looking to sell.

User Stats

Votes
Vaughn Smith
  • Investor
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Investor
  • New Jersey
Replied Dec 22 2019, 14:26

The Real Northern NJ... numbers and pricing work well up there, but make sure that you price well, market aggressively and get a septic/cesspool inspection (if the property has one), you'll thank me later  

User Stats

Votes
Paul Ashworth
  • Investor and Architect
  • Newton, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor and Architect
  • Newton, NJ
Replied Jan 1 2020, 06:08

Im an RE investor and architect in Sparta NJ. Im available to answer questions and provide inspection, design, zoning and permit document sets.... everything from SFR to multi to hotels.

User Stats

Votes
James Colgan
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • North NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • North NJ
Replied Sep 16 2022, 04:19

Coming across this post now...anyone end up starting anything? Looking to connect? I'm an agent in NJ and NY and looking to dive into REI. Focused mostly on finding a STR but could be open to other possibilities.

User Stats

Votes
John Bianco
  • NJ
Votes |
  • NJ
Replied Nov 30 2022, 10:49

@James Colgan

Hello! Im from Sussex county and I am currently investing out of state. I’d love to chat and see what your looking to do. Im also looking into house hacking again in NJ triplex or a quadplex. I see your an agent. Maybe we can connect.

Talk to you soon!

User Stats

Votes
Shawn Mcenteer
  • Realtor
  • Boonton Township, NJ
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Boonton Township, NJ
Replied Nov 30 2022, 15:14

I run and REI meet up in that hops around county to county in North Jersey. Happy to bring the group to Sussex if, Like this post or DM if interested

User Stats

Votes
James Colgan
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • North NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • North NJ
Replied Dec 2 2022, 05:21
Quote from @Shawn Mcenteer:

I run and REI meet up in that hops around county to county in North Jersey. Happy to bring the group to Sussex if, Like this post or DM if interested

Shawn, 

Definitely interested if you're able to bring a meeting up in Sussex or lmk when/where your next one is. I have no problem traveling a little. Thanks! 

User Stats

Votes
Dan Oakley
  • Hamburg, NJ
Votes |
  • Hamburg, NJ
Replied Dec 19 2022, 10:26

From the Hamburg/Hardyston area as well.  Would love a meet up in the Sussex co. area.