New Jersey Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Marco Cruz
Votes |
How do I structure my LLC if I planned on acquiring Investors

Marco Cruz
Posted Jan 23 2020, 10:12

So I've been breaking my head for the past couple of weeks, and no accountant or attorney have been able to point me in the right direction for how my LLC should be structured. (Disclosure I'm a Newbie investor, for now) (New Jersey)

Basically my business will work this way. I'll look for an investor then find a deal. He funds the full deal from property acquisition to renovation, etc. I ran the whole project and he'll just be updated on progress. After we sell the property we will splits profits as agreed upon, (30/70, 40/60)whichever. So here's my question, how/what is the best way to structure this business Model. I will be full owner of my LLC, ABC LLC, but I do not want to add investors as partners in my business because I do not want to end up with 10 different partners under my LLC as my business grows. Each investor will fund their seperate deal, Investor A gives me funds we buy Property A, investors B gives me funds we buy Property B and so on.

How do I structure this model, do I need new LLC with each investor I get, Limited Partnerships, have my LLC be the parent company of the others LLC, any ideas or can someone clarify this or even ask questions to maybe help me figure this out.

Loading replies...