Laws regarding "wholesaling" properties in Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, New Mexico

2 Replies

I have a question pertaining to the legality of wholesaling, bandit signs, direct mail marketing in the metro area of Albuquerque and surrounding areas.. What resources can I look into to find out the laws regarding those marketing strategies? Or if someone can advise me to cut the middle man out.

Technically, bandit signs are a zoning violation within Albuquerque city limits.  Of course, people still do it.  Zoning may make you take them down or possibly fine you for it, but it doesn't seem strictly enforced.  It doesn't mean that they won't though.  I am unsure of Rio Rancho's bandit sign policies, but you should be able to find it on their city website. There really are no laws regarding direct mailing or door to door soliciting and Realtors use these techniques frequently.  Wholesaling is perfectly legal in the state of New Mexico and in fact the forms that we as Realtors use for a purchase agreement has a section for reassignment of the contract.  

Disclaimer,  I am not offering legal advice, this is simply my observations, opinions and personal experience.

let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here