Votes |
Bushwick Brooklyn Triplex

Scott L.
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • New York, ny
Posted Apr 14 2016, 12:30

Hi All,

I would like to share my first real estate negotiation story as it is a great case study on persistence. 

My wife and I are in contract to buy a triplex in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn. We offered at our preapproval max and were initially rejected by the seller after two weeks of negotiation. Rather than walking away, we asked them whether we could strengthen our offer and bring in an inspector before they accepted our offer. A few hundred dollars our of pocket later they realized that we were serious buyers and determined that our persistence to close the deal made us a better candidate than the several cash offers who offered more money. Persistence pays off!!

Now that the deal is near closing, we are beginning to think next steps. The owners unit has been renovated but the two rentals haven't been renovated in decades. Does anyone know any good contractors who do good work in Bushwick? We want to hit the ground running.

Also, are there any good Brooklyn real estate clubs that anyone knows about? We would love to get more involved in the real estate investing world locally.

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...