I need advice on getting a portfolio lender!!!

1 Reply

I have a a quad that was appraised at $290,000 and I owe $284,000. Its a zero down VA loan and I have only had it a couple months. My debt to income ratio is 43%. I have enough capital for a 25% down payment on a $150,000 property. I will still be able to keep 6 months of expenses in the current quads account for vacancy/emergency. I am currently collecting $650 on two units and $675 on one and then i live in the fourth unit. I also collect $600 a month in residual income from Aflac but only for the next 2 years so i can't claim it with a large bank. I also make $41,828 a year before taxes. How should I go about getting a loan from a smaller bank that does portfolio loans.

@Trevor West

Why are looking for a small bank portfolio lender only? If you have the money to put down as well as cash reserves saved up and your DTI's are currently at 43% I don't see any problem with you going the route of conventional financing as well. On the future rental property you would be able to count 75% of the projected rental income or current lease agreements.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here