North Carolina Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum
Account Closed
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill Turnkey Rental Income Property

Account Closed
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Jul 9 2018, 16:54

I live in California but I'm looking for properties out of state to invest in due to the high prices in Southern California. One of the areas I'm considering is Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill. 
This area is on the list of considerations for me because I think there are a lot of demographic trends that favor long-term growth. Companies such as Apple and Amazon are considering 2nd headquarters in the area. There is a large talent pool from prestigious universities in the area. Etc. 

I'm looking for a modest cash-flow positive turnkey investment. I believe we are late in the real estate cycle and there might be a drop in housing prices (which I am ok with), and in such a scenario I would like the rental income to be able to at least cover the mortgage payments and would be ok with paying for other costs out of pocket. I should be approved for around $600K with 20% down. I'd be planning to use a property manager. 

Does anyone have an agent that could send me a list of investments with their potential rental incomes so I can run the numbers and see if this is a viable idea?

Is this a viable idea? 

Please let me know your thoughts! Would love to hear back.

Thanks!

Loading replies...