User Stats

Votes
Martha Kenney
Votes |
Best place for family to rent in Raleigh/Durham area

Martha Kenney
Posted Jul 18 2018, 11:06

Hello,

I'm new to Bigger Pockets and I'm still  learning more aboult real estate investment and discovering my niche. However, I have a personal real estate question. I am relocating from Baltimore, MD to work at UNC-Chapel Hill. My husband and I are looking to rent for 12-months until we understand the specifics of the area and the school districts before we purchase a home. I have to live within a 30min drive of UNC's hospital and my husband is still in the job search process, but Duke is is promising. He will have no location restrictions.

From past visits, we really like the Wake County area and would prefer to rent in the area to see if it fits our family and work commute before moving to make a home purchase. I understand that this is far off, but I have found that the 27519 zip code in Cary and 27560 area in Morrisville to be appealing. What is the school district like in those areas? Also, what about traffic pattern? (I only need to be able to get to UNC hospital within 30mins when I'm on call -- so late at night and weekends -- I assume there is no traffic at that time. But I would like to know what the workday traffic pattern is like). Are there any other areas you would recommend looking at? (We have found rentals in Chapel Hill itself to be overpriced. Durham may work, but I understand the school district is not best).

Thanks.

Loading replies...