Votes
Mike Jones
  • Raeford, NC
Votes |
Proof of funds required?

Mike Jones
  • Raeford, NC
Posted Jul 22 2018, 03:37

Is proof of funds required to simply submit offer?  

I've submitted two offers in the past and was never asked for it. I was told it would only be required if the offer is accepted and the bank/owner wanted to move forward. (the offers weren't accepted)

I wanted to submit an offer on a new listing yesterday, but for some reason the listing agent refused to do it without proof of funds. She says the bank won't accept it.

The entire listing is just weird. The house is listed for a certain price, but the listing agent says it's going up for auction. However, there is no information about said auction available. She also said that submitting an offer before the auction for the full list price would stop the auction "usually"?

My thing is, how are you going to require proof of funds just to submit an offer, but you're planning to sell it at auction to random bidders with no way of verifying their funds before they bid. Completely illogical. The price of the house isn't even that much.  Just 15k.

I'm not a realtor or an investor I'm a normal person looking for a place to live, and I feel lost. The agent did a poor job of explaining things. I'm need advice about how to proceed on this. Although I'm sure by the time I figure this out the property will be sold already. :(

Loading replies...