Skip to content
North Carolina Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Mike Jones
  • Raeford, NC
Votes |
Can someone help me find a home for 28-30k?

Mike Jones
  • Raeford, NC
Posted Jul 23 2019, 08:59

I'm trying to buy a place, but it seems like the real estate market is shady. All of the homes I've been interested in have sold for under or slightly above what I have, even though they were listed for much more originally. I only recently discovered this when I looked at the Zillow "sold" listings. Why is it that when I call the listing agents they always seem annoyed and don't want to 1.Answer the phone 2. Give me information about properties 3. Take an offer?  Then a week later I see the property sold for what i would have offered or even less. It's ridiculous.

I'm looking for something in the Hoke county area. Raeford, Aberdeen, Hope Mills, Parkton, St Pauls. I know anything at this price point is going to need some work, but not too much as I see properties in good living condition like (doublewide/land) being sold for this price every week. 

I made a post a year and a half ago about 17k and people told me I needed to save up a little more, now I'm at 30k and still I can't get anything. 

Loading replies...