Skip to content
North Carolina Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Abernathy
  • Solarcity FEC
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
anyone know of under $50k rehab loan in NC, i own outright!! ??

Christopher Abernathy
  • Solarcity FEC
  • Torrance, CA
Posted Aug 1 2019, 03:59

i need a to rehab my buy and hold in washington nc ASAP. its a sitting duck and i have been told the starting loan amounts for rehab or hard money will be $75k???

i own the property outright and have the deed in hand. i bought the property cash and have immaculate credit with fairly high utilization. 640-650 FICO. 

kicker is that i own the vacant lot right next to it as well !! 

Should i be trying to get a loan large enough to build as well to meet the criteria of the minimum loan amounts?

not sure where i would begin. 

property details  :

323 van norden st washington nc 27889

• Beds: 2
  • House size: 989 sq ft
  • Stories: 1
  • Lot size: 3049
  • Heating: Forced Air
  • Cooling: Central
  • Year built: 1900
  • Year renovated: 1960
  • Property type: Single family

Lot Details :

327 Van Norden St. washington nc 27889    

3290 sq ft lot 

my contractor quoted $22k rehab, adding extra bathroom, roof, kitchen, electrical and cosmetic. His figures are that it will sell for $65k after rehab, and im getting ARV's of $45,000-$60,000 myself. Just need Rehab loan of About $22k, then want to refi out and put on a $40k - 30yr - Renting at $600-$700/mo.

Am i missing something here?

Havenit had the time to get back in town to oversee the rehab yet i feel like im stuck for no reason. 

also in regards to the $40k refi or HELOC , (old school north carolina, doesnt seem to like the fact that it will be a rental. they want ,me to live in it to get a mortgage or HELOC on it,

Loading replies...