• New to Real Estate
  • Lake Forest, IL
Votes |
Looking for a Foreclosure sale as FTHB

Wuyi Li
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lake Forest, IL
Posted Jan 3 2022, 08:30

I live in a small town in the middle of Cleveland and Columbus Ohio, and my rent is about to increase 8% in 2022. It pushed me to find a new home as soon as possible. I have about 100K in cash, but I haven't got any mortgage pre-approval yet. The median house value is 160K, increased around 12% from the last year. 

Would auction.com be a good place to look for foreclosure deals?   I saw 818 W Main St Ashland OH listed less than 70K, which is very attractive price for me. The house has been remodeled in 2016 when However, I didn't find it from the local county sale list. https://www.ashlandcountysheriff.org/property-sales

After a quick research, I found that Auction.com has a reserve price for each property on sale, and it will be automatically relist if the sale price is not reached to the hidden reserve price. 

Another concern is, if the property is occupied (95%), it might take 6 to 18 months to let the current occupier get out the house. When I reached my local realtor, she paused my interests on bidding: "There is no much you can do to minimize the risk. You are only allowed to view the property on the morning of the auction. So you could ask an inspector to go with you but you'll be limited on time."

Any suggestions will help. Thank you all. 

Loading replies...