Northeast Ohio Area

5 Replies

Hello Everyone,

My name is Frank and I am just starting out and looking to learn from anyone who would like to teach me.  A little about me, I am 37, single and currently work as a Server at the Cheesecake Factory.  Its an amazing job but not something i'd like to do for ever. I am college educated but i am just not the 9-5 desk job type.  Ive tried, it doesn't work for me.  I've been in restaurants most of my life, managing and opening them, and i think those skills can/will translate nicely into managing the multiple aspects of RE investing.  

I am looking into Real estate because it has always fascinated me and i would love a better  way to take care of my life in the future.  I will do anything to start and i am currently doing a lot of reading and learning. 

@Frank Turk  Welcome to BP. This is the best place there is to get up to speed on all things real estate. Have you read Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Investing ? Also, be sure to check out the podcasts. Do a search and see if there are any meetups in your area with BP members. 

You didn't mention if you had any money saved for a down payment, but getting in a position to finance something would be a good first step. 

Good luck on your journey, and I'll see you around the forums! 

Medium house plansKaren Margrave, Parlay Investments | [email protected] | http://www.parlayinvestments.com | CA Contractor # 680782

Thank you for the response.  I have read the guide and i listen to the podcasts while I'm driving around town.  I do have some cash to start and i have access to more if need be. I will be looking for meet ups, those sound like a good networking opportunity.