Looking for investor friendly team in Ohio

9 Replies

Hello!

I'm still fairly new to the Biggerpockets forums and I've been busy reading a ton of the blogs, books and listening to several of the podcasts. I am an out of state investor looking to build a team in several Midwest markets. I've started my search in Indianapolis, but I want to also look at possible rentals in the Cleveland area. I've researched the "good" areas thanks to @James Wise videos and links - which was a big help! I'm targeting the Euclid area and would love to get a team established that I can work with to help me find deals! I'm mostly interested in single family homes and duplexes. Looking to buy and hold for long term positive cash flow, any appreciation would be a bonus in my eyes.

I'd like to find a real estate agent who has great connections with lenders, property managers and contractors. I've already been approved by two lenders, but wouldn't mind making a connection with someone who is local to the Cleveland area. Ideal team would be people who have worked with investors in the past and knows how to work with out of state investors in particular. If anyone has names of people you can pass along, that would be a big help.

Thanks in advance!

This post has been removed.

Hi Frank,

I got started as a buy and hold investor in August 2017. I now have 4 SFH rentals in the Cleveland area, (North Ridgeville, Elyria and Lorain) I use Sandstone Property Management for 3 units.

Sandstone PM
Joe Solkiewicz

Coldwell Banker
Brian Gilbert (RE Agent I’ve used on multiple properties. Very trust worthy and works hard for you)

This post has been removed.

Hey Frank, 

I would NOT have an all in one solution. I would separate my manager  from my repairman and my attorney from my title company, I modulate my team and plug them in and remove them as necessary. Cleveland is a GREAT market, but you need to make sure you have your team in place. 

Hope that helps. It is not the gospel, but it is how I like to operate.

Originally posted by @Frank Sousa :

Hello!

I'm still fairly new to the Biggerpockets forums and I've been busy reading a ton of the blogs, books and listening to several of the podcasts. I am an out of state investor looking to build a team in several Midwest markets. I've started my search in Indianapolis, but I want to also look at possible rentals in the Cleveland area. I've researched the "good" areas thanks to @James Wise videos and links - which was a big help! I'm targeting the Euclid area and would love to get a team established that I can work with to help me find deals! I'm mostly interested in single family homes and duplexes. Looking to buy and hold for long term positive cash flow, any appreciation would be a bonus in my eyes.

I'd like to find a real estate agent who has great connections with lenders, property managers and contractors. I've already been approved by two lenders, but wouldn't mind making a connection with someone who is local to the Cleveland area. Ideal team would be people who have worked with investors in the past and knows how to work with out of state investors in particular. If anyone has names of people you can pass along, that would be a big help.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site! Investing in the Cleveland area right now is a great idea! Especially in Euclid, things have really been booming there! Ever since Amazon announced they are moving in, inventory has been moving quickly!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here