How much longer can Cleveland be this hot

8 Replies

Cleveland has seem to be hot for a good while now. How much longer can this continue until it hits a cool down?

That's like asking how much higher can Amazon go up in price? 

Market is hot and while other cities have less favorable returns, higher purchase prices . Cleveland has the entry to purchase lower thus people will look at Cleveland much more favorable to park their money OR get their foot into the RE door.

Originally posted by @Jeff Johnson :

Cleveland has seem to be hot for a good while now. How much longer can this continue until it hits a cool down?

I would say its only beginning. Prices here have only inched up a little bit when compared to other markets. Returns here are still pretty amazing. 

@Jeff Johnson  The only way I can see that happening is if there was a national recession and even if there was a slight "cool down" period, there are many investors ready to jump on opportunities. Any downturn in the market I believe would be short-lived.

Originally posted by @Brandon Sturgill :

@Bryan Thomas It never was hot...Cleveland is on the exact same trajectory Detroit was 8 years ago...it's been downhill for 40-years

Why have only people from Cleveland responded....

Providing something like this appears to tell a story of a dwindling area but when you are so vague like this it's easy to use the numbers to skew the story to whatever you want to say. For example using your two examples of 1950 & 2010 census populations, the greater Cleveland area had a population of 1,680,736 people in 1950. In 2010 the population had grown all the way up to 2,077,240. This shows a booming area.

In reality the truth is somewhere in the middle of dwindling & booming.

Originally posted by @Brandon Sturgill :

@James Wise I agree...it's a little difficult to insert metropolitan statistical area after every reference to a city. I just like to give you guys a hard time...not hard feelings. Looks like you're staying pretty busy moving units ;) 

Being #1 keeps ya busy.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here