Reviews for Turnkey Providers in Ohio - Columbus & Cincinnati

12 Replies

Hi All,

I'm looking at different turnkey providers for my first SFR investment. I've found one in Columbus -- Columbus Turnkey Houses -- and one in Cincinnati (Missy McCall-Hammonds with Retire with Real Estate). Has anyone had experience with these companies? I couldn't find that many reviews on biggerpockets, so I just wanted to check in.

Any reviews would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tiffany

Originally posted by @Tiffany Current :

Hi All,

I'm looking at different turnkey providers for my first SFR investment. I've found one in Columbus -- Columbus Turnkey Houses -- and one in Cincinnati (Missy McCall-Hammonds with Retire with Real Estate). Has anyone had experience with these companies? I couldn't find that many reviews on biggerpockets, so I just wanted to check in.

Thanks!

Tiffany

If you didn't see anything in the forums, did you try using Google? (dumb question, I'm sure) Sometimes people leave reviews on the Google/Facebook account of the providers. 

Do they have a big online presence? If they aren't on the forums at all, that may be a red-flag on its own. 

Hi All,

Thanks!

Tiffany

Columbus is priced so much higher than a lot of other stuff in the midwest. Turnkey providers may be few & far between in that market but I'd imagine you'd be able to find a bunch down there in Cinci.

Originally posted by @James Wise :
Originally posted by @Tiffany Current:

Hi All,

Thanks!

Tiffany

Columbus is priced so much higher than a lot of other stuff in the midwest. Turnkey providers may be few & far between in that market but I'd imagine you'd be able to find a bunch down there in Cinci.

Why is Columbus so much higher?

Originally posted by @Michael P. :
Originally posted by @James Wise:
Originally posted by @Tiffany Current:

Hi All,

Thanks!

Tiffany

Why is Columbus so much higher?

We don't have a lot of excess inventory like other "rust belt" midwestern cities do.. Columbus was never a steel/manufacturing town like Cinci, cleveland, st louis, Indianapolis etc, so we never had an industrial boom/retraction that left a bunch of extra "working class" housing that can be picked up cheap..  That's the stuff the turnkey guys are selling off.

Thanks, @Tom Ott . I did do a search for them, but just didn't find that much information.

@Nicky Reader, thanks for the response. Do you happen to have any recommendations for any good property managers in Columbus?

I self-manage in C/C minus class areas, but wouldn't recommend C or worse for out of state remote investing.  I know of the PMs that operate in these same spaces as I do, but I have no idea if they area any good or what their criteria is. Some names off the top of my head that I've seen around: beacon property management, core select, indianola management, KRG

However instead of a C area, I'd suggest going a step up into a better school district (Westerville, Gahanana, Hilliard, Dublin, Delaware County, etc) 

Hi All,

Thanks!

Tiffany

Tiffany Ive heard a very positive review of Retire with Real Estate from somebody that bought from them and messaged me once when we were talking about Ohio turnkèys.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here