Votes
Erin Whalen
  • cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Sheriff's Sale in Ohio

Erin Whalen
  • cincinnati, OH
Posted Sep 19 2019, 20:02

I am looking to buy my first property at a Sheriff's auction.  A real estate agent/cousin of mine that also has bought at a Sheriff's auction told me that counties in Ohio release all liens.  Does anyone else have any knowledge of this?  Does anyone recommend title insurance in these types of situations?  Would that protect me from liens? 

I did look at the county recorder's website and did not see any liens listed, only the deed, original mortgage, and then two items listed as "assignment."  It appears the mortgage was sold or transferred to another company. Is my understanding of this correct?  Are liens always recorded with the county recorder's office?  I do know this owner also had filed bankruptcy about 2 years ago before the foreclosure process was started.  The property went up for auction back in June and actually sold, but got reversed because of something to do with the bankruptcy case.

Anyone thoughts, recommendations, and advice is appreciated!  If this works out, it will be my first deal, so I am trying to cover all the bases!  Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...