• Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
I am in CA but properties are in OK

Mark Buchheim
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Apr 24 2019, 15:00

I live in Los Angeles, CA and I have 8 properties in Yukon, OK. The loans and title of the properties are under me personally. I have a CA LLC that I have run the income and expenses of those OK properties through. I file both a CA and OK tax return every year, but never registered the CA LLC in OK. I typically just break even every year as the main investment strategy with these properties is to pay down the mortgage aggressively to eventually get to full cash flow potential.

The questions I have are:

1) Should I even continue to run the income and expenses through the LLC in general.

2) Should I hold title on those properties in a different manner than personally and can I do a change without having to refinance?

3) If I should still run the income and expenses through an LLC, should I just create the OK LLC and be an out-of-state member as opposed to being a CA LLC operating in OK?

4) If I should still run the income and expenses through an LLC, and that LLC should be based in CA, then is it a requirement to also register in OK if all I am doing is managing real estate rentals in the state?

Loading replies...