• Mcallen, TX
Votes |
Newbie searching for rental investment property in Edmond area

Crit Tyson Williams
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mcallen, TX
Posted Aug 14 2019, 15:47

Hello everyone, 

My name is Crit Williams and am a newbie investor who is hungry for knowledge and experience in the real estate world. I am currently in my last semester of college at the University of Central Oklahoma where I am majoring in Business and Real Estate. Also. I am an apprentice with a commercial real estate investing group here in the Edmond/OKC area, from whom I am learning A TON from! All of this is exciting but the more I learn the hungrier I get for my own first investment deal. 

So, I have decided to begin my search for my first deal with the hopes of finding a cash flowing rental property that would probably need some rehab in order to put in my own sweat equity in. Learning from my apprenticeship has lead me to feel capable of handling some of the labor and juggling contractors. With that being said, I would love some insight on the area, specifically around UCO's campus, and on the big issue for newbie investors: Capital. I am currently reading Brandon Turner's "The Book On Investing in Real Estate With No and Low Money Down", which gives me great ideas, but would love to network and feed off of some of your knowledge/network as well! Thank you all so much and good luck on all your future real estate endeavors. 

Loading replies...