Skip to content
Pennsylvania Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Dave Wommer
  • Hughesville, PA
Votes |
Question about disclosures in Pennsylvania (Lycoming County)

Dave Wommer
  • Hughesville, PA
Posted Jan 9 2017, 20:39

I have a question about "disclosures". In order to sell a home, next to a neighbor with a "WORKING" outhouse (Seriously, her house was built more of a cabin WAAAY Back when ....). Well, next door lady has never installed indoor plumbing, besides a shower stall. Yeah, I know.

Any who .. trying to decipher the legal answer to "Do I have to disclose".

Per

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/049/chapter35/s3... section 8 reads semi-vague. Let me explain way.

House I am trying to sell, is well water (Not "city-plumbed"), and has a septic tank.

Neighbors "outhouse" isn't technically on the property, but fairly close to the house. (In a normal suburban city neighborhood, for example, the outhouse would be as close as your next door neighbors house.)

Okay, so past resident SAID they couldn't notice any odors in the summer. Not sure if that's true.

the county claims they can't do anything about it, as the neighbor is now grandfathered in and they can't force her to do indoor plumbing. Yeah, it's 2017.

So then I tried to look up "Neighborhood Nuisances.

I read, "A nuisance is a noise or odor from a source outside the property that could irritate the property

Loading replies...