• Greenville, SC
Votes |
Greenville, SC Search

Jacob Allen
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Greenville, SC
Posted Feb 5 2019, 08:22

Hi! My name is Jacob Allen, and I'll be moving to Greenville, SC this fall and am looking at getting into REI. I attempted to get started with REI back about a year ago, and after doing some research and listening to the podcasts decided that it is probably better that I pay off all my student loans and get debt free prior to beginning. I'm now in a better position to begin and am looking to start my investing this fall, I should be debt free by May! This is a big achievement for me, paying off about $65k in loans in almost 3 years exactly!

I was originally looking at investing in Georgia, however now it looks like my life has had some changes and I'll be moving to Greenville, SC after I finish a deployment with the National Guard in Afghanistan this fall.

I'm looking for a handful of things to start:

• Are there any current Meetups in the Greenville area that anyone recommends?
  • I'm looking for a realtor that could help me make a more informed decision.
  • Are there any good property managers in the area that anyone would recommend?  I would be open to the idea of long distance investing prior to my return in October if I had a good PM and Realtor lined up to help me with the process.

I look forward to hearing from anyone available!

Loading replies...