• Camas, WA
Votes |
First investment in Tennessee

Travis Henry
  • Investor
  • Camas, WA
Posted Aug 15 2018, 16:32

Hello!

I'm a newbie real estate investor based in Honolulu, HI. I want to invest in an up-and-coming market that's a little more affordable than Hawaii, and Tennessee has come up in numerous conversations I've had with family, friends, and investors. I've done some research on the Clarksville-area and am considering doing something there. I like the proximity to Fort Campbell, new LG manufacturing plant, and the fact that APSU is in the city. I have a couple of friends living in Clarksville and they have only good things to say about it. Granted, I know there's "good" and "bad" parts of any city.

I am looking to purchase a small multi-family unit and would be open to other parts of the state, as well.  I'm in the early stages of searching for a property and sifting through potential financing options. I've talked to several lenders and realtors in Clarksville, but am still feeling it out and getting an idea of the types of properties, tenant pool, etc. in the area.

Are there other parts of the state I should be considering? Can anyone recommend potential lenders who are familiar with investors? Realtors? Property managers?

I just realized BP has sub-forums, so I figured I'd put it out there to the Tennessee community! Much thanks in advance!

Loading replies...