Votes
Charley C.
  • North of Houston
Votes |
ESA dog tenant verses a tenant with actually allergies

Charley C.
  • North of Houston
Posted Jul 20 2019, 14:02

I am leasing some bedrooms one at a time in my little apartment complex (college kids). Got one person who can not live under the same roof as a dog and she has a real doctor's letter from a local MD. I also had this jerk that wants to impose a dog on everybody and said its an ESA dog. She went so far as to get one of those internet phony silly certifications. The ESA girl hands me a letter from maybe a "doctor"? the Dr's phone number is to the web site, the acronyms of this foreign off shore doctor behind the name were many. None of the acronyms I recognized. Certainly not MD or PHD for that matter

Now the problem is gone for now, I explained if its found out that she is faking the need of the service dog, we would retroactively bill her for breaking the pet policy $100 a day, so in a year, that's $36,200 plus legal fees as a debt on her parents. I told her (and her parents) that while the deposit at that point was still refundable during the application process. They quickly cancelled and she's long gone. 

I know this will happen again. Who would of won in that dispute? the person with Allergies or the Mental patient with the ESA dog? So really if that was not a faker, what would of happened?  

Loading replies...