Texas Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum

User Stats

Votes
Tanner Ploe
Votes |
Rental Market In Spring Branch, TX??

Tanner Ploe
Posted Jun 12 2018, 10:52

Good afternoon everyone, first time user here. 

As many people around San Antonio/Austin are aware- The 281 corridor between San Antonio and Johnson City is growing quickly. I own 6 undeveloped lots in Spring Branch, TX (Just north of San Antonio).  The lots are directly off Hwy 281 in a quiet older neighborhood with a median home price of around $150k.  My original intention was to clear the lots and install utilities, then just sell them for 2-3 times the purchase price. I have already cleared/installed utilities, but I have since reconsidered. 

Is Spring Branch Tx a good market for rental homes? There are about 13-15 rentals listed in the area currently for $900-$3000 /mo with the average being about $1300 /mo.  I was thinking about building 3-4 homes on my lots with the intention of renting them for about $1200 /mo.  I just worry about the area being too slow and being vacant.  It is right off the Highway which helps, but I am just not sure.  I currently live in Bulverde, 15-20 minutes south of Spring Branch. It is very busy down here, lots of traffic and new subdivisions. 

Any guidance or knowledge of the area would be greatly appreciated!  

Loading replies...