• Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
FRIENDSWOOD VS PEARLAMD. TX MF PROPERTY INVESTING

Jason Malabute
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Jul 31 2018, 22:22

Hey guys question!

So I am considering 2 markets in Houston: Friendswood and Pearland.

I am thinking about removing Friendswood from my list. Here is my thought process:

1. Although both Pearland and Friendswood have one of the most expensive properties in Texas ... Friendswood has one of the most expensive markets in the nation

2. Pearland is a larger population and experiencing greater population growth. Pearland is a larger medium-sized city located in the state of Texas. With a population of 113,570 people and 11 constituent neighborhoods, Pearland is the 38th largest community in Texas. Pearland has seen a significant amount of newer housing growth in recent years. Quite often, new home construction is the result of new residents moving in who are middle class or wealthier, attracted by jobs, a healthy local economy, or other amenities as they leave nearby or far away areas for greener pastures. This seems to be the case in Pearland, Friendswood is a medium-sized city located in the state of Texas. With a population of 39,396 people and nine constituent neighborhoods, Friendswood is the 85th largest community in Texas.

3. People in Friendswood commute longer to work compared to their Pearland counter parts.

4. Pearland has a greater diversity of blue and white collar workers

5.  Pearland is closer to Texas Medical Center.  The Texas Medical Center employs over 106,000 people, hosts 10 million patient encounters annually.

6. 25% of people in Pearland rent while only 21% of people in Friendswood are renters.  PLEASE NOTE I'M ONLY INTERESTED IN 1-4 unit properties

7. there is an "Old Pearland" where cheaper properties exist. Also, some of the properties in Old Pearland was damaged by Harvey so there might be a further discount available.

Is my thought process correct in eliminating Friendswood from my potential markets to invest in?

Thanks

Loading replies...