• Involved In Real Estate
  • Boerne, TX
Votes |
Question about Buying a Note and Foreclosure in Texas

Eric Pimpler
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Boerne, TX
Posted Aug 4 2020, 19:41

I have a couple questions that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.  I'm in the process of finalizing a deal to buy a note from someone who had inherited a house and then sold it to someone else using owner financing. The mortgagee has since fallen into default for not paying taxes, insurance, and a whole host of other city ordinance violations and wound up in prison for multiple DWIs.  The current owner of the note (person who inherited the property) just wants out of the deal and we agreed upon a price for me to pay her for the note.  She lives out of state and doesn't have the money, time, or inclination to keep it, fix it up and resell it to someone else.  As the new note owner I would then assume responsibility for the foreclosure process.  My question is what document do we need to file to transfer the note from the current owner to me?  I assume there is some sort of transfer of ownership document, and this needs to be done in conjunction with my payment to her for the note?  

Loading replies...